Tuesday, March 4

Letter from March 4, 2008

These past 2 weeks were pretty good. First I found out that Elder Bednar is coming to speak to the missionaries. Then I found out that he is going to talk to BOTH Sydney missions!!. So I will be able to see Elder Warnock. Man I am excited for that. He is coming Friday March 7th.
After I found out Elder Bednar was coming I found out that Elder Brown and I are getting a CAR!! Thats good cause Elder Brown is not very good at riding bikes. :) But I found out today that he is not good at driving either. But it is alot faster getting around in a car than on bikes.
I went on exchanges again with the zone leaders, but this time I got to stay in my area and I got to plan and do everything the way I think it should be done. So that day I planned was the best day of stats that Dural Ward has had in a long time. So that was fun to do.
We had interviews yesterday thats where you get interviewed by the Mission Pres. Then while he is interviewing there are lessons and activities. 1 of the activities was a desire activity. Whoever showed the most desire to do something won the competition. There were 5 different comps they were, Arm Wrestling, Playing a church style of Chubby bunny, eating as many wheat bix as possible in 4 min, stick your head in a bucket of water and hold your breath for the longest and the one i got chosen to do is to eat a chinese 1,000 year old egg. I am not sure how they get them but they are green nasty looking eggs. Well I showed the most deisre and finished my egg first :) but man did my breath smell bad after that. I was interviewed right after that so I tried not to breath too much in it. That was the first thing I ate that day so my stomach was rumbling after that.
Well that was my excitement for the past couple of weeks. I am learning so much out here. We are finding people to teach buy they are not going anywhere fast. But Elder Brown and I have high hopes for them to progress towards baptism. I know that if we exercise our faith and help them feel the spirit then we can achieve our goals.
Oh I finished the B of M and I started it in the MTC. But just as i was reading Moroni 10 I got a call from the zone leaders saying that Pres. Scruggs has issued the Mission a challenge to start and finish the B of M in March - April. SO i have the opportunity to read it again. We are to finish 1 Nephi by the time Elder Bednar comes. I am really excited to read it again. I will learn more everytime I read it as Pres. Hinckley promised.
Well I gotta go. The church is true. Pray always! Love ya Heaps
Elder Andreasen

No comments:

Blake's Friend Puzzle